TOP > Company Profile > Brief History

Brief History

1952 Established in Osaka (November 12)
1957 Opened Tokyo Branch Office
1962 Established manufacturing daughter company Kohkin Chemical Laboratories Co., Ltd., in Higashi-Osaka
1963 Appointed as exclusive distributor of N. V. Philips-Duphar, Holland for their feed grade vitamins
1967 Appointed as exclusive distributor of A/S Apothekernes Laboratorium, Norway for their zinc bacitracin
1971 Sotogoro Tamaru, founder, assumed chairman and Heishiro Tamaru succeeded presidency
1973 Merged Kohkin Chemical Laboratories Co., Ltd., and appointed as designated company of Osaka Small and Medium Business Investment & Consultation Co., Ltd. (SBIC West Japan)
1974 Appointed as exclusive distributor of Rhone-Poulenc Animal Nutrition SA, France for their feed grade vitamins
1975 Completed Osaka Plant in Higashi-Osaka
1977 Moved Head Office to present address and increased capital into 97,800,000 (yen)
1981 Constructed Narita Plant in Shibayamacho, Chiba
1983 Started construction of Kyushu Plant in Sueyoshicho,
Kagoshima and increased capital into 140,000,000 (yen)
1984   Completed Kyushu No.1 Plant (for feed additives)
1987 Increased capital into 174,600,000 (yen) and moved Head Office to Doshomachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
Completed Kyushu No.2 Plant (GMP standardized for veterinary / fishery preparations)
1991 Increased capital into 204,600,000 (yen)
1993 Again moved Head Office to present address
1997 Agreed with Fort Dodge Laboratories, U. S. A., for domestic production and sales of Mastitis infusions "KP Lac" and "KP Dry"
1998 President H. Tamaru received YELLOW RIBBON MEDAL for his great contribution to Japanese feed additive industry
1999 Completed new Head Office building at present address
2002 Attained 50th anniversary.
Heishiro Tamaru, founder, assumed chairman and
Ryouichi Tamaru succeeded presidency
2005 Completioned of Kyushu No.3 Plant
2011  Opened Shanghai Representative Office